Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas knitting

I have decided this would be the year I took the plunge and knit multiple Christmas gifts. Many of which I am unable to talk about aside from mentioning it is all going very well. Two down, at least two to go. I forget how quick some things knit up after the past few projects of mine were sweaters for me. One of these small projects is for my favorite daycare provider at EJ's daycare.
IMG_2048
It is a scarflet knit in Malabrigo. I am following the pattern for the Linen Stitch Scarflet with some modifications. I cast on 26, 4 more stitches than suggested so that I would have a wider garter stitch boarder to prevent curling. I am also slipping the first and last stitch when on the front, and purling these stitches on the back. It makes a nice chain up the side, but if I where to knit it again I would just use garter stitch to the edge. If I have time, I may make a couple more for two of the other primary teachers in EJs room at school. I hope they are a hit! Shopping for them is so hard!! I appreciate them all so much.

3 comments: