Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Fruity

Hello hello... long time and not much going on here. My Fireside Cardi has been trudging along and being the monogamist I am with regards to knitting there was little else to blog about. The cardi still is in need of a second sleeve, which has been started. And I even seamed some of it in my search for my knitting mojo which had been lost among the endless cables and miles of eco wool. So desperate times and all that call for desperate measures. With Christmas just around the corner I decided to ignore the 3 baby sweaters I should knit for a January 9th joint baby shower... and Christmas knit! Woo! Don't worry about the babies... they will get their sweaters, but I think they will have to be patient and wait until they are born.

This year for Christmas EJ will be receiving a kitchen set... and what budding foodie doesn't need hand knit fruit?!?! I have to say I had a lot of fun with the patterns along the way, and they were fast too!
Apple Pear
Banana citrus
All five were knit from odds and ends I had in my stash. Mostly worsted wools although the apple and banana are DK weight wool. The apple and pear were both knit in one evening. The banana took longer because that bad boy comes out if its peel. The lemon and lime were knit through another day. So basically all done over one weekend! I really hope EJ has fun with them, it has been hard for me to keep them a secret because we have been playing a lot of pretend games and having to get quite creative in our props.

Last night I knit more of that blasted sleeve too, so my mini-vacation from the Fireside seems to have worked. Maybe it will be done before winter is over. Did I mention I have 3 baby sweaters to knit?

4 comments: