Thursday, February 11, 2010

One of Three

I may have mentioned I had some baby knitting to do this year. I am terribly behind on it, as I would have much preferred to give them as shower gifts but part of the problem with that is these three babies are all part of the same family. Three baby boys, two mamas, and one due date! The expecting grandparents will be going from zero to three grand-babies in a matter of weeks! The twins will be here first, but decided to knit their gifts second. So for Baby F I knit one of my favorite sweater patterns, the Placket Sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I really like the simplicity of this sweater, and the touch of seed stitch. I will add some black buttons before sending it off to the new baby after he arrives!
IMG_3436
I used Cascade 220 Superwash in Charcoal and the photo does not reflect the actual shade of the yarn which is much darker than pictured. This is a worsted weight yarn and the pattern called for DK weight. So I just knit a smaller size, and used the length measurements from the larger size that matched up with the size my sweater turned out.

With the leftover yarn and some of the same in black I knit K a new winter hat, which I am proud to say he is actually wearing (thanks to all of this snow!)
IMG_3438
The pattern is Jared Flood's Turn a Square. The second one I have knit, and it only took a couple of days to complete. I knit it at a slightly smaller gauge. Six stitches to an inch, because last time I followed gauge and found it to be a bit looser than we prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment