Friday, June 13, 2008

IOU- Finished Object Parade

So flickr started working soon after it didn't work, but I still didn't feel like taking the time to post. Especially after making a couple of froggable mistakes in my current project. Knitting time became a higher priority because I felt as though I was behind. I am now back on track and figured now is as good of a time as any to get this wrapped up.

Everlasting Bagstopper
I knit my Bagstopper in two shades of Euroflax sportweight linen. Both leftover from other projects. I am about out of purple but I think I still have enough of the champagne color to make another bag should the mood strike.
Bagstopper, knitting complete!Bagstopper, after a ride in the washer
I love how the fabric changed with a quick ride in the washing machine. All of the yarn overs opened up and the knit stitches tightened and became defined.
Bagstopper and band
I was unable to find any good ribbon that matched at my local JoAnne's, it is a smaller store, but I did find this woven strap stuff that I thought matched pretty well. I was pleased that I found it because I was not up for a big hunt for the perfect handles. A few days after my shopping trip I found a few minutes to attach the handles. I have to confess this was the first time Taylor my sewing machine has been used since the day I went into labor and I had finished our Tree Skirt.
BagstopperBagstopper, strap attachment
So I folded down the edge of the strap and stitched it in place and then folded it again before attaching it onto the finished bag. When I sewed it onto the bag I sewed a square to help increase the strength of my join.
Bagstopper, strap sewn on
I had enough strap left over (I bought 2 yards) that I decided to use the extra to line the upper edge. I think it gives it a nice finished look.
Bagstopper, band on opening
And here is the finished bag, holding my current projects yarn!
Everlasting bagstopper finished!

Second February Sweater
I also finished up this little sweater, and it is going into the mail today.
Collette's February Sweater, Finished

And finially for those of you who have not already figured it out, I am knitting the February Lady Sweater. I have never jumped onto any knitting bandwagons like this before. I must be excited about this sweater in order to be so excited to knit wool in the heat of summer! I am further along than this, but have not taken any recent photos due to the frogging I had mentioned earlier.
Big Ass Baby Swatch

5 comments:

  1. The bag looks very nice as does the baby sweater. What kind of yarn are you using for the February Lady sweater?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yarn for my Lady sweater was something I bought last winter. It is Cascade 220 Heathers. I don't remember the colors name. But the photograph doesn't quite capture the varriation in the color well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute bag! I love the straps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you and Cara doing some kind of Bagstopper KAL? I started one too, and want to do the bag in the new Knitty as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bag and sweater look great!!

    ReplyDelete