Monday, November 20, 2006

It is contagious!!

So this past weekend was very a knitterly one! Saturday I had some knitter wannabes come over for some basic lessons. There where three of them... being my fifth, sixth, and seventh victims. One came with some prior knowledge, and was doing quite well on her own. I only showed her how to change colors and weave in her ends. The second picked up the long tail cast-on and knitting rather quickly! I was impressed. It was a bit tight, but overall great for a first time knitter. The third was slower to develop her technique, but after some patience on her part (and heckling on mine) she got the hang of it!! I was rewarded with some wonderful pumpkin roll from one of my victims... Thanks K!

Sunday I was able to finish the third log cabin square for my grandparents christmas present! One more to go, and the boarder.... pictures to come in a later post, I promise!

1 comment:

  1. I really have to get together with you! I'm still having trouble joining yarn and weaving in ends. My cast on and bind offs are ugly on tighter-stitched things, as well.

    ReplyDelete